One Voice for European Music
The Centre national de la musique (CNM) organises the “One Voice for European Music” event, labelled by the French Ministry of Culture as part of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union, on 6th April 2022 at the headquarters of the Conseil Régional in Strasbourg
It will be the opportunity to present the results of the consultation carried out by the CNM with the French & European music professionals, in order to create a single voice for European music and to set in motion a new dynamic around key themes: mobility, knowledge of the sector, innovation, ecological transition…It will also be the occasion for privileged exchanges and networking between music professionals and the European institutions.
Discover the programme of the day:
9:00 – Coffee reception
9:30 – Opening speeches
- Intervention by Gabrielle Rosner – Bloch, vice president of the Grand Est Region
- Intervention by Jean-Philippe Thiellay, president of the Centre national de la musique
- Intervention by Ibán García del Blanco, member of the European Parliament, member of the Cultural Creators Friendship Group (CCFG)
- Intervention by Tamas Szucs, director of Directorate – General for Education, Youth, Sort and Culture – European Commission
10:30 – Report on the work and recommendations from the One Voice for European Music consultation
- Corinne Sadki, head of European affairs and Gender Equality at Centre national de la musique
10:45 – Intervention by Alexis Georgoulis, member of the European Parliament, member of the Cultural Creators Friendship Group (CCFG)
11:00 – Pause
11:30 – Panel: What future for the Music Moves Europe initiative?
Moderation : Fabien Miclet, independent consultant
- Barbara Gessler, head of the Unit Culture at European Commission
- Angela Dorgan, board member of European Music Exporters Exchange (EMEE), CEO of First Music Contact
- Martel Ollerenshaw, vice-president of European Jazz Network (EJN), director of Arts & Parts
- Matthieu Philibert, director of public affairs at Independent Music Companies Association (IMPALA)
12h30 – Closing of the morning session by Romain Laleix, deputy general manager of the Centre national de la musique
Handover to the structures that will carry the One Voice for European Music initiative during the Czech and Swedish presidencies of the Council of European Union with Eva Žáková, head of Arts department at the Arts and Theatre Institute; Márton Náray, head of SoundCzech – Czech Music Office and Ludvig Werner, Managing Director of Ifpi Sweden and chairman of Musiksverige (Music Sweden)
12:40 – Networking lunch
14:30 – Workshop: European fundings for music, which opportunities?Presentation of European funds (structural and sectorial) for the music sector and experience of funded projects in the region (in French only).
Sectorial funds :
- Magali Torloting – Ramillien, Mobility Project Manager, General direction in charge of Attractiveness, Directorate for Cross-border, International and European Outreach, Grand Est Region
- Fabien Miclet, independent consultant
- Jean Christophe Gerard, project manager for l’Autre Canal, coordinator of the Initiative Pop projectStructural funds :
- ,Vincent Leridez, European Structural and Investment Funds Advisor at the Maison de la Région de Sélestat
- Carmen Mettling, Interreg Rhin Supérieur – Oberrhein, Joint secretariat, Grand Est Region
- Jean Perrissin, sustainable development and quality manager, Festival Cabaret Vert, for the DEMO project
The morning speeches and panels will be simultaneously broadcasted in livestream on this page. The afternoon workshop will only be accessible in person.