Twelve “made in France” artists will perform in showcase at the 27th edition of WOMEX which will take place in Porto, Portugal, from October 27 to 31, 2021.
Created in 1994 by Piranha, the WOMEX (Worldwide Music Expo) gathers nearly 2,500 professionals on the exhibition stands and at the conferences, film shows, concerts and awards ceremony. Around 260 artists perform coming from 90 countries and from all styles of music: folk, traditional, urban, electronic, jazz, etc.
After an online 2020 edition, the event in Porto is an awaited return to reactivate contacts, discuss future issues and relaunch the careers of artists.
12 ‘made in France’ artists performing at WOMEX
- La Perla (Colombia), booking Vuelta Music
- Lova Lova (RDC/France), booking Mad Minute Music
- Scúru Fitchádu (Cabo Verde/Portugal), booking Wax Booking
- Lucas Santtana (Brazil), booking Tour Makers / label No Format !
- Lúcia de Carvalho (Angola/France), booking Zamora Productions / label Zamora Label
- Cimafunk (Cuba), booking Caramba/Planet’A
- Ghetto Kumbé (Colombia), booking Dérapage Prod
- Manou Gallo (Ivory Coast /Belgium), booking Blue Line
- Pongo (Angola/Portugal) booking Ausblick Live – Toolbox Booking / label Capitaine Plouf
- Naïssam Jalal & Rhythms of Resistance (Syria/France), booking Tour’n’sol / label Les couleurs du son
- Bab B’Luz (Morocco/France), booking Wax booking
- Asna (Ivory Coast/Senegal/France), label Blanc Manioc)
Meet the CNM team at Womex
The CNM will participate in the event to support the French professionals and will organize a networking sessions for the entourage of the artists selected in showcase.